The Murraylands Region:
- is the third largest processor of lamb and beef in Australia
- is Australia’s largest exporter of beef, lamb and mutton
- produces 50% of SA potatoes, SA’s meat chickens, SA’s onions, and over 50% of SA’s olives
- produces 70% of SA’s mushrooms, and
- is the largest producer of lettuce and broccoli in SA
Whist significant business growth is forecast, a current limiting factor is a skilled and available workforce. With a current workforce of 30,000, the region projects a need for 2,000 – 3,500 new positions over the next two years…..
To access the full Murraylands Food Alliance Workforce Innovation Project, Executive Summary select the link below: